Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Carpe Diem #1404 Happiness (short-haibun)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day has gone and a new day rises full of happiness. I have a very rich life. I have my work as an oncologynurse, I love to read and write, but I also have a wonderful family. I love the beauty of almost every novel, the beauty of poetry and most of all I love the philosophy of life that I live. My life is an adventure full of unconditional love and happiness. Happiness ... is like nature coming alive after the dark winter, nature becomes colorful again. I love all seasons, because every season has meaning ... every seasons has its beauty. In spring I find happiness in nature, in summer I love the warmth of the sun on my naked body, in autumn I love the decay of the beauty of nature, nature looses its green colors and in a firework of colors we enter (again) the beauty of the cold winter. The dark winter has its beauty too ... look at the bare branches, carrying the heavy snow. Nature goes into hibernation to start again full energy in a new spring. What a joy this cicrcle of life ... isn't that what happiness means? Going with the seasons, living the seasons and trying to give words to the feelings every season brings us. That is in my opinion what haiku (and haibun) are celebrating.

Rivers of Happiness (painting by Stephanof Dmitry)
Look at the above painting by Stephanof Dmitry ... it's titled "rivers of happiness" ... what a beauty. This painting overflows us with happiness and this painting can help you to get inspired for our next task: write a haibun in a maximum of 75 words (including the haiku) themed "happiness".

Here is my attempt:

Finally ... winter has gone. I laugh as I see the cherry blossom bloom in the backyard. I dance naked through the garden. Feeling the warmth of the spring sun. Life is wonderful and full of joy ... this is true happiness

simple happiness
cherry blossoms bloom again -
spring is near

© Chèvrefeuille

What a joy to see the cherrytrees bloom again, or any other kind of blossoming tree. This is life, this is happiness ...

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CEST) and will remain open until April 11th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode, new life, later on. For now ... have fun, be happy and enjoy ....


1 comment:

  1. "I'll have what he's having":)

    Good to see you so happy with all the aspects of your life.
    Now all we have to do is make you contagious:)

    ReplyDelete