Thursday, December 7, 2017

Carpe Diem #1322 follow the dream


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This month we are finding our inspiration through the novels written by Paulo Coelho. Several of his novels I have used earlier here so sometimes there will be a "deja vu" I think. Today, while I am seeking a little bit time in between the things I have to do, I will use a quote from "Aleph", Paulo Coelho's most personal novel ever. Recently we had an episode about this novel, in our anniversary month, so maybe this quote you will remember. I used it for the first time back in 2014 when we were on a trip straight through the former USSR with the Trans Siberian Railway.


Here is our inspirational quote from Aleph:

[...] "I am not a foreigner because I haven't been praying to return safely home, I haven't wasted my time imagining my house, my desk, my side of the bed, I am not a foreigner because we are all travelling, we are all full of the same questions, the same tiredness, the same fears, the same selfishness and the same generosity. I am not a foreigner because, when I asked, I received. When I knocked, the door opened. When I looked, I found." [...] (Source:'Aleph' by Paulo Coelho)
And here is one of my haiku inspired on this quote:

another day ends
reaching for the stars and the moon
into the dreamworld
© Chèvrefeuille
A short episode, but well ... enough inspiration I think. Have fun, be inspired and share your Japanese poetry with us all.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 14th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chèvrefeuille, I posted mine but with a slight variation; hidden dreams needing to be found. I hope this isn't too far off the mark! Have a good weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete