Saturday, September 30, 2017

Carpe Diem #1264 Borealis (Northern Lights)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Five years ago I started with Carpe Diem an experiment to inspire the world through daily themes to create haiku. If any one had told me that Carpe Diem would be still alive five years later I would have laughed ... I really hadn't thought to be here alive and kicking.
I am grateful that you, my dear Haijin, have made this all possible. Carpe Diem Haiku Kai has become a great success all thanks to you all. It makes me proud, but more ... it makes me humble. Who am I that I may do this? Who am I to be your host and mentor?

Thank you all for this wonderful journey and I hope you all will continue to go with me on this journey. This month we celebrate our first luster, our fifth anniversary, and I think we will have a beautiful festive month. I have chosen for beautiful music and themes / prompts from our rich history here at CDHK. So this month will be a trip along memory-lane, except the musical prompts those are all new and I am happy that I had the opportunity to share this music with you all.

This month we will have no weekend-meditations, but the weekends will be for the music. This Sunday our first musical prompt is titled "borealis" and is composed by a young composer Peter Crowley. He has composed wonderful music and for sure it's worth to visit and listen to his music on his You Tube Channel.


Listen to his music. It's really awesome and I hope it will be a source of inspiration for you.

Because of lack of time, I am on the nightshift, I have chosen a tanka from my archives inspired on Borealis.

sign of the gods
the night painted in thousand colors -
cracking snow
reflects the 'dance of the spirits'
aurora borealis

© Chèvrefeuille

I think this tanka fits the music by Peter Crowley. Here is another one, in the experimental way:

borealis
light from heaven
God's smile

© Chèvrefeuille

And now it is up to you my dear haijin, visitors and travelers. I am looking forward to this anniversary month and I hope you all do too.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 7th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, perfume, later on. For now ... have fun!


4 comments:

  1. Unbelievable almost to think I joined CDHK 5 years ago sometime in October I think.....

    A long worthwhile journey my brother, and just beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like your experimental haiku, Kristjaan...and the fantasy music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find your tanka speaks to many who live up north and your haiku is sublime, Kristjaan. I thought I had posted my response but it was in draft form for days https://cheryllynnroberts.wordpress.com/2017/10/08/11851/

    ReplyDelete