Friday, March 27, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #139, Santoka Taneda's "the dragon flies"


Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's a bit sad and today with a little pain in my heart I present to you our last CD-Special by Santoka Taneda (1882-1940), our featured haiku poet of March. Next month we will have another featured haiku-poet. Maybe you already have read which one that will be. Next month we will have Kala Ramesh, an Indian haiku-poetess, as our featured haiku-poet.
Recently I discovered that Kala Ramesh and I were published in the same worldwide anthology "Spasms of Light" (2011). I am excited and I am looking forward to next month especially the haiku by Kala Ramesh, who already has granted me permission to use her haiku.

Ok ... back to Santoka Taneda, this month's featured haiku-poet. As you maybe remember ... Santoka was a for-stander of the so called "free-style" haiku. However the haiku for today's episode of CD-Special is very classic and (in my opinion) a real beauty.
The goal of this CD-Special is to write/compose a haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one given by the featured haiku-poet.
 

the dragon flies
perch on my kasa
as I walk along


© Santoka Taneda

I didn't say to much I think ... a beauty, but how to catch that beauty in a new haiku inspired on the haiku by Santoka? Maybe it's an idea to look at another "dragonfly" haiku which I found on "Hello Poetry".


Dragonfly

Dragonfly with wings of Blue, what makes me wonder just like you
You hover over a yellow flower, mesmerized by her power
I see myself attracted to, the colors of life, just like you
Something bright will pull me in, to take my light deep deep within
Oh dragonfly Oh dragonfly lets savor life, just you and I


© Johnny Dod (2010)

A wonderful poem by Johnny Dod in which we even can see something of Santoka's way of writing haiku and using repetition (the last two lines).

And here is my attempt to write an all new haiku inspired on the haiku by Santoka Taneda:

what a surprise!
as I kneel next to the old pond
dragonflies mating


© Chèvrefeuille

This is real beauty. Look at those dragonflies while they are mating they look like a heart ... amazing.
I have tried to make a haiga of this haiku and here is the result.


This episode of Carpe Diem Special will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 31st at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, fashionista, later on. For now ... have fun!

1 comment:

  1. oh, my, we're peeking in on such a private matter! :) I really do like Johnny Dod's poem, like a short story in poetic form. thank you for continuing to host and contribute to my love for haikus.

    ReplyDelete